We are pleased to announce that PNWA is hiring a Government Relations Manager to join our team!
We are a non-profit trade association addressing navigation, trade, energy and environmental issues in the Northwest. With a strong, supportive membership and over 85 years of history, PNWA is a truly unique and constantly evolving group that engages on infrastructure and policy issues in our region.
The Government Relations Manager will cover a suite of issues and projects, and work with the Executive Director and Government Relations Director in the following activities to further the goals of PNWA:
- Analyze federal and regional public policy issues
- Write and edit materials for PNWA staff to assist our work with Congress, federal agencies, regional policy makers and our membership
- Write articles for our Nor’wester newsletter and website
- Membership services
- Meeting and event planning
Top candidates for the Government Relations Manager role will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of government, industry, or other relevant experience
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and work well with small but mighty team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong communications background and social media experience preferred
Please note this position is based in Portland, Oregon and interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by July 22, 2022 at 5:00pm PST.